Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Price Advice

705 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  alfatom 
#1 ·
So sadly the time has come to sell my GTV.
No reason for the sale other than I need a bit more room to ferry about the kids and associated gubbins.

I have done a advert on pistonheads but I was looking for some advice on what price I should ask. There seems to be such a wide range of prices out there from £500 up to £12995 (dreaming!).
My car is pretty much sorted and so I reluctantly put it up for £2750. It feels like its worth a lot more than that but what can you do. Details are in the ad >> HERE
So I was just looking for your thoughts on price? Is £2750 too expensive still or should I perhaps ask for more?

#3 ·
If it helps I've just paid a similar amount for a v6 with 101k miles and a years mot from a local garage.

It hasn't had as much work done as yours so I'd say you were asking for a fair price. If I was still looking and you weren't 100s of miles away i would be tempted.

#4 ·
Hi, just had a look at your advert on piston heads, and have to say... what an amazing car, will be a sad day at your house when that one goes. I think you have priced it more than fair, somone is gonna get a real treat with very little in the way of up keep.

Good luck

Andy

#7 ·
it's pretty easy these days to pick up a GTV V6 with close to 100k on the clock, privately, for between £2k-£2.5k. Clearly yours is much better looked after than the majority of those will be and you may even see a bit more than £2.5k to reflect the condition. I think the price you've put it on at seems about right and should generate a fair amount of interest. I'd tend to agree with earlier poster about the seats.

#8 ·
Thanks for your thoughts guys.
Good to get the opinions of people who know about GTV's.
I think I will keep the price as it is as I do want it sold but I'm in no immediate rush.
Fingers crossed for a buyer who see's the value of the work carried out.
Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.