Alfa Romeo Forum banner

where can i get a light weight bonnet ??

Tags
bonnet weight
4K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  icemancube 
#1 ·
any idea guys ?? cheers any links ?? :)

#19 ·
There is no good reason why a carbon bonnet can’t be as sturdy and half the weight the original is however a race version will likely come without the reinforcements needed as it is an UN needed weight.

If you had a good mould you could use resin infusion and some pre-set strengthening pieces @ home to make a very good unit.

If you had all the correct tools and an autoclave the sky is the limit and would probably cost a fortune.

Not an issue for me but if you thought I want a carbon JDM style bit of bling on my 916 you may be unlucky as 3m wide carbon fibre is hard to come by and thus costs the earth.

So any bonnet for a 916 would have several bits of cloth overlapping

J

G
#21 ·
If its a V6... get it moulded in perspex... Hmmm lovely... just make sure your engine looks like mine first though:lol:

Dump a fat chick.... weight saving 80kg plus:lol:
Seriously though... Get hold of some lightweight racing seats second hand on Fleabay. You can save about 25kg all told and leave the bonnet alone then. A lot cheaper:thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.