Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Brera 2.2 price

4K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  Marioslg3 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

So I've had my Brera for 5years and made it as good as it can be. In a lot of ways it's perfect; cheap to run, suspension, brakes and engine just right, but as you'll have seen on other threads, as I do lvery ow mileage. I'm thinking that I might get something really feral - currently thinking 414Bhp 4litre V8 M3. This will mean selling the Brera, which will not be an easy decision.

So, I'm wondering what it might be worth. Any ideas?

Brera 2.2 JTS SV 2007 '07

Very low mileage, 29,000 miles, always run on V power.
Misano Blue paint in immaculate condition (like a 6 month old car), always washed by hand with 2 bucket method.
Front Ventureshield transparent paint protection (can be removed easily if desired)
Leather seats,
Blue & Me,
18"TI wheels (recent addition, totally unmarked, 5Kg a corner lighter than standard),
Spare set of 18" Wirespoke alloys
Skyview window
Full Alfa Romeo Service History, all receipts. Oil changed 5 times in 29000 miles with correct semi-synthetic 5W40.
12 months MOT
10 months Tax
Matching Pirelli PZero-Neros all round, about 4mm tread remaining
Front pads upgraded to Ferodo DS2500 about 7000 miles ago
K&N 76mm ID Induction (works great, sounds great)
Red Dot custom remap (2.2 ECU is not easy to remap as can't be flashed via OBD port)
Vortex custom stainless steel straight through-cat back exhaust with 3 silencers and 1 Vortex expansion chamber
Eibach Pro Street springs (much better handling, lowered approx 25mm and yet never grounds out on speed bumps).
Amazing hifi system including 7" Pioneer DVD with BT, Full ipod control to glove box, Hertz Energy Component front speakers, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" rear speakers custom mounted to parcel shelf with detachable connectors, Audison 270 Watt RMS Amp mounted in boot, will power a sub if desired.
Runs absolutely perfectly and pulls hard through the revs.
Bullet proof JTS engine. Never uses a drop of oil between changes.

See less See more
#7 ·
Just wondering how it would look with 19" grey S wheels.

Still hankering after a petrol one despite my diesel running like a dream.

Did really want a 2008+ car with the new seats. But there is a lot of value in having a caring forum members car....

#10 · (Edited)
Probably look awesome on 19"s. But I prefer ride, handling and tyre cost of 18s. Matter of preference really, both are good.

The petrol is a lot of fun to redline. Power is at 205 actual and weight is about 35Kg lighter than stock 2.2 (-15kg on exhaust, -20Kg on TI wheels), so on manufacturers figures this car weighs about 1435Kg (less than a MkIV Golf GTi). Massive weight difference from a 2.4, especially in the nose weight. It's positively spritely in corners.

The '08 seats do look nicer. But in the 2.5 years we had them in the wife's Spider LE with full electric adjustment, I never got comfortable in them. I'm fairly skinny too so I can only put this down to seat design.

#15 ·
Share your pain fella, I'm considering writing an advert to sell the spider but cant bring myself to get round to doing it and have no real idea what I would replace it with.
I've gone through plenty of cars in my head and tested a couple of 911s recently but they just dont do anything for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.