Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Newbie 156 1.8ts

Tags
18ts
550 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  biff123 
#1 ·
Hi finally got round to getting my first alfa (fathers day present) Bought quite cheap, engine gearbox are fine or seem to be at moment its a 51 plate with 98k on it pulls like a train, i know looking thro threads i am going to need a new wiper motor as it only works on fast and quick wipe( how easy is it to replace.Other problems i have which are only 2 at moment getting a thump thump noise on some road surfaces and and relative slower speeds any ideas, and when revs hit about 5000 to 6000 get a slight noise has something is trying to kick in only last for milli seconds and disapears if io keep accelarating or change up any ideas on this would be appriciated.

#3 ·
The wiper motor is fairly expensive if it goes, but fairly easy to fix. Might be worth getting one from a scrappy, as it'll be cheap.

The thump thump could be anything from wheels needing balancing/engine mount/wishbones/droplinks/arbs. Can you eloborate on the thump?

A flat spot at 5-6k could mean your maf is on it's way out, or the lambda sensor. have any warning lights come up on the dash?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.