Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Q2 diff in South Africa

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BashCT 
#1 ·
Hi guys

great forum! lots of helpful information and people.

i did some searching and the other threads on this topic may have slightly outdated info.

my diff went boom and i need to replace it. got a quote from ebspares in uk for 600 pounds for the q2 diff that everybody speaks so highly of.
that includes shipping but not duties and tax. ALso includes the seals and o-rings and bearings.

after tax, would probably come in close to R9000.00.

Autolusso have a quaife package for 550 pounds, but no email addy and shipping must still be added. don't know how to contact them though.

Which should i go for? (if autolusso, i've seen Ned about on the forums somewhere but need to contact them)
is the only difference between the 2 the name?

ps. would it be worthwhile to get a ecu chip sent as well at the same time- is that even possible and if so what price?

thanks in advance

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
BOMBS AWAY!

Now the waiting game begins :D

Ned and James were lightning quick in getting me sorted - faster than our local dealership even. :thumbs:

masonGTA -
i'm new to this, what are the chances of the package arriving at my door VS me having to collect from a customs office somewhere? :confused:

#13 ·
masonGTA -
i'm new to this, what are the chances of the package arriving at my door VS me having to collect from a customs office somewhere? :confused:
Depending on the courier really. But what has happened to me is that the courier will ring you up, tell you to pay some cash, you pay and they deliver it. Agreed with Speenvark, it does vary though.

But nothing to really stress about:thumbs:

BashCT: If you posted this in the SA Lounge (South Africa) I think you might've got some nice local help :thumbs: If I remember correctly, Master Paul in the SA Lounge can get for around R7k. Not sure though, it's worth a shot.

Also, there are threads in the SA Lounge to introduce yourself and show off your car to the SA boys.
:thumbs: It might have been alittle more than R7K but it was still a very good price. The best by far in SA. Does the Quaiffe come with the bearings though?

Autolusso are top chaps though, they got excellent prices. Even for us chaps in SA.

#10 ·
I've ordered a lot of stuff from ebspares in the past, and it always arrives at the post office in town. You pay the VAT etc there when you pick up the package. Should be the same with the diff? Also, customs are not very consistent with the way they charge you (or maybe I missed something) but two packages came with asbout 15% additional charges over and above the VAT, but on the rest, which is about 7 or 9 or somewhere there, I've only paid the VAT on the value of the package excl shipping costs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.