Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Fiat Coupe Turbo 20v or GTV V6

13K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  Rich_wookey 
#1 ·
Has anyone had both from here?I am looking at one of each on Sunday. i have previously had a GTA, so would love something almost as quick. i am spending 2.5 tops

#30 ·
i have had both the 20VT and a V6 gtv, the fiat is faster, and turbo is fun, but the GTV feels like a proper car compared to the fiat which felt more like a boy racer car. when i got the GTV everyone i know said to me, you finally got yourself a nice grown up car now.

these are the first few points that come to mind for each,

fiatfaster
turbo
ugly rear end
easy to blow something expensive on the engine
slightly better fuel economy
sniggers from everyone you pass

alfa
elegant
thirsty
bit squeaky
amazing sound
beautiful all round
comfort
bullet proof engine
admiring looks from everyone you pass

#31 ·
Lol I have the best of both worlds then, is the best 36mpg then?

#33 ·
Just back from Spa Italia

Here's a Fiat Coupe that may well be available soon.

Those Coupe boys are just plain crazy on the track.
Tyre walls are paint and bodywork damaging !!

A little remedial work might be required though if you want to use this right hand drive Blue Coupe again ....

Alan

Attachments

#34 ·
Oh dear :( but however it's now another donor car available to make another 145 20v turbo :D

#35 ·
If you want a coupe then IMO its the fiat, because of previously mentioned space and 4 seats. My wife had one for a while (about 93k miles in 3.5 years!), it was Portofino blue, which is a girlie colour, but the best

I prefer the Spider cos of the open top motoring - had the roof down this evening in the sunshine! (Didn't last long!)

;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.