Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Project 155 DTM track car.....

Tags
155 dtm track
27K views 178 replies 28 participants last post by  Shant Ole 
#1 ·
Well as the project is finally moving into motion I thought I'd start a thread. I will post pics as I go along for you all to comment on. I've had my 155 16v sinc 2003 but it was in 2008 that I took her off the road for the final time and bought my 156. As I am loathed to let anything go to waste I have kept her with the vague thought of making a track car. I had already bought a wide arch kit with the idea of making the track on the car wider for better track characteristics. Nothing happened for a year until late 2009 when I aquired a Skinny v6purely by chance as I'd been looking for a headlight after I smashed the 155's when it had a coming together with the bonnet and a screw driver. And that's where I've been since then.

The idea was to swap the low millage v6 out of the knackered skinny and place it in the 16v as the engine on that has had its day IMO. Well the swapo date is set. On the weekend of the 20th Nov mr Celadon and I will be doing the swap and hopefully getting the car running. I will post some pics of the progress of the engine swap and the body modifications as I go. Hopefully this large chunk will spur me on to get the car sorted for the summer and a couple of hooning sessions:thumbs:

#178 ·
The car is fine. And awaiting work :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.