Alfa Romeo Forum banner

156 3.0 conversion vs gta

Tags
conversion
2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Pud237 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I have done a 3.0 conversion to my 156 and am very impressed with it , a totaly different car.
The car owes me very little (2200 thousand) this incs. Coil overs etc . Is it worth me thinking about a gta ?
Any benefits , I have a Q2 etc and love the way the cars a bit of a sleeper.
Tell me what you think, the other half says no , I need some ammo to persuade her, or may be not lol

#2 ·
tbh with what you've done the GTA wouldn't really give you much more (apart from the wheel arches) ... why not put the money towards a 3.5 conversion :thumbs:

G
#7 ·
TBH I don't think you would notice much difference in everyday use. You still have to mod the GTA in the same way as you have done the 156 to get the best out of it (Q2, suspension etc) so it might prove expensive. It's all about preferring the looks and "exclusivity" of the GTA. I think a lowered 156 is a sweet looking car, you may or may not prefer the looks of the GTA. The seats are more stylish IMO but there's not a lot in it (especially if you have a facelift interior).

I went from a 2.0 TS to the GTA but was also looking at some 2.5s at the same time. I would have been happy with a really quality one of those. But I wouldn't change the GTA now I have it.

Cheers,

Nigel

#8 ·
GTA anti-roll bars, or Eibachs if you can find them. You also should invest in some Brembo 4-pots for the front, there are lots of threads about this. I had a 156 3 litre and sold it when I bought a GTA, it was a bad move and I never connected with it in the same way. It was a lovely car and maybe a bit more capable than my 3 litre although definitely heavier and not as chuckable, not as much fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.