Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Any feedback on a recent Remap? 2.0 JTS GT!!

6K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  piedthepiper 
#1 ·
Just looking for some feedback on anybody who has a remap on the 2.0 jts GT. Worth it or not? I have had the exhaust done and that has made a difference, so the next step is possible induction kit then remap. Let me know what you think.

G
#2 ·
I didn't have my 2.0 JTS done but did have my old 2.0 Twinspark done and although it was probably only an extra 5-10 bhp or so it made a noticable difference witht he throttle response. The thing is with the 2.0 JTS is many came out of the factory under the quoted 165bhp so hopefully a map should sort that with a little bit extra. Surely witht he exhaust and induction you should be pushing 190bhp?

I've noticed that Angel for example don't even list the 2.0 JTS as being available for a remap. The fella who does mine says it can be done and I'm sure AHM etc can do them

#5 ·
Will let you know Graham.
I will be biting the bullet and getting it all done over the newt few weeks. I can't say enough how much the exhaust has changed the car. No more feathering the clutch in, no jerking or hesitating and changing down the gears is nice and smooth. Booked in at Northern Alfa Monday for a few bits then a phone call to Alfatune or JJB they are both the same distance?

#7 ·
I dont want to hijack this thread, so I'll try and keep my questions relevant, but how quick and fun is the JTS to drive? Obviously both "quick" and "fun" are both subjective, but I'd be interested to hear peoples opinions...especially yours Graham as I know you've owned a fair few different engined Alfas (I nearly bought your remapped 147 off you a few years ago when you had it up for sale).

G
#8 ·
I do remember yes. Not seen you on here for a bit

Not quite as much fun as the 2.0 Twinspark but still handles superbly and loves to be revved. Although I remember it being noticably quicker and torque-ier than the Twinnie. I always thought I wouldn't get one again but not really enjoying the current diesel I have much (unless I'm on the motorway that is and then it is awesome) and a fully sorted one with remap, exhaust et al will be a good compromise as can't afford to run a 3.2 V6 anymore with the ridiculous petrol prices

What you thinking of getting?

#9 ·
I don't come on here much to be honest, well not to post anyway!

If I stick with Alfas, it will probably be a GT. But it definitely won't be a diesel. So that leaves a V6 or a JTS.

I had one of my previous 147s remapped and had a BMC CDA fitted at the same time. It made quite a difference to be honest, and I'd owned the car for a few months before having it done so I had a good basis for comparison.

But inbetween Alfa ownership I've had An Audi S3, Civic Type R (EP3) and a few 306 GTi6s, all of which were quicker than my mapped TS (as is my current mapped 20v). So I'm wondering if a JTS will have enough poke to keep me interested. Getting the V6 is the obvious answer, but tax and fuel would be painful.

#10 ·
The exhaust was a Stainless Pro Flow system (free flow) cat back, done at Custom pipes in Doncaster by Ryan who has had 15 years experience of custom making exhausts. £270 fitted in 3 hours.
As for my thoughts on the car as a whole? I have not had the car long and it is my first Alfa, so it is hard to suggest what Alfa to go for. All I can say is so far I could not of lived with it as it was, the exhaust as mentioned already has made a hole lot of difference(miles better). Once the remap has been done I will let you know my thoughts. My last cars have been Audi TT 3.2 DSG, Lotus Elise, Z3 3.0 and I also have a Astra estate 1.9 cdti xpac remaped to 190bhp (awsome car I have had for 4 years) I would not say the Alfa is super quick in comparison to the others but it is only a 2ltr so it would not be.but it looks and handles superb. One of the best looking cars I have had and for my needs it ticks all the boxes. In comparision my brother is selling a Audi A4 s-line special 2.0 cabriolet, same year, same mileage as my Alfa for £13500 and I bought mine for £6300 1 owner and full Alfa history with cambelt done!! No brainer and mine looks better, and I dont get the hair dresser remarks. What do you want for that kind of money?
Once the remap is done, feel free to come and have a drive.

G
#11 ·
I bet the Z3 was nice. My friend has one, the 2.0 litre and she loves it

I'm an Alfa-holic and have owned numerous GT's in 2.0 JTS, 3.2 V6 and 1.9 JTDm (had a Blackline) guises, I've also owned 147's in 2.0 TS and the awesome 3.2 GTA and a few 159's, 2.2 , 3.2 and 2.4 and finally a GTV 2.0 TS (yet to own a Brera but want to). By far the busso 3.2 V6's are the most impressive of them all which is quite obvious really but very expensive to run. Not really a fan of the diesels and I only buy them when skint (£40 fuel lasted me three weeks in December!!!)...another plus side is the torque and of course the looks, would never own a diesel in another marque

The exhaust sounds good and very well priced. Would definitely get it done if I were to get another 2.0 JTS

G
#13 ·
Cool that will save a few pennies then if just a remap and exhaust needed

Have seen a couple of 2.0 JTS I like the look of so just need to get pics taken of mine and put it up for sale. I don't think I'm going to buy a diesel again (I say that everytime :lol:)

Aye keep us posted on the remap :thumbs:

#14 ·
Hi Stevey

Have you had the remap done on the JTS yet?

I'm trying to decide between buying the JTS and the Diesel... really want the petrol but concerned it doesn't have the grunt to justify the additional running costs :)

Interested to hear how much a remap could improve things...

#18 ·
I have just spoken to 2 different companies in hull who could remap my 2.0jts ecu and both have advised me its not really worth it on this specific car. I appreciated their honesty as they could have just taken my money! I noticed on quite a few websites the 2.0jts isn't even mentioned and they don't offer the facility to remap so would like opinions from people who have had it done previously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.