Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Anyone used Angel for DPF removal ?

5K views 55 replies 21 participants last post by  wattfield 
#1 ·
Finally had enough of the utter mess that is the DPF / EGR on my 159 and considering removal.

Angel are my preferred choice so was just wondering how people, who've used them to remove this nonsense that spoils the 159, found the outcome ?

I realise people only tend to post about -ve experiences as a rule but appreciate all feedback on the DPR remove at Angel

tia,
Mike.

#48 ·
Well Job Done :thumbs: - i'm so pleased, like having a terminal illness removed.

Angel were superb as i expected...one of the best in the business without the need to tell everyone. Nige & Steve top blokes running a very professional operation.

Car already had a map on it and nearly made the 150 journey without a dpf on the way down but no after 110 miles, operation fuel jettison kicked in and car drove like a dog for 10miles whilst my fuel needle tumbled. The end result was a trip economy of 48.1mpg

Angel cleared all the crap from inside the DPF, put it back on the car and mapped it to delete the DPF / EGR process. Straight away i noticed the improvement over a previous map, power delivery, smoother and more sustained, exhaust not pleasantly better as well. Steve explained getting the DPF out of the way improved the turbo effeciency so gave a few more BHP over the previous map.

Journey home was a stinker with heavy traffic on the M1 and stuck crawling at 10-20mph for about 20mins around Notts, after that i ragged it to try and make up time....for a far worse drive home the economy delivered a very impressive 55.2mpg......that's nearly 15% better :eek:

For anyone thinking about getting it done - it really is a total no brainer and makes the car what it should have been all along...i was seriously thinking of ditching it as the DPF/EGR and poor economy were spoiling the whole experience.

Now i can hold onto the car with worries over DPF/EGR bills once the warranty is done (just a few months left)

We think we have it bad - Angel have a huge backlog of Audi owners booked to get their DPF mess removed (apparently it's even worse than ours ! )

As if we needed any further proof Angel are the genuine article they built and supplied all the Jensons featured on Top Gear in the last series - including the new Jenson Clarkson was raving about.....what a car it is as well !

#49 ·
Glad you're happy, it's like a new car isn't it? :)

But... don't believe the fuel computer. You need to do a brim to brim to get an accurate reading now. Mine was about 4mpg out after the work was done (and others have report their computer is no longer accurate) but it's still an improvement on what I was getting before any work was done.

#50 · (Edited)
Yes it is Marc - as i said i had a map on b4 from Angel (maybe i was unclear) so it should all b relative ie both figs higher than actual but improvement still the same.

The difference from default crap map to this must be incredible.

Be interesting to see what difference i get on my 5mile commute :)

Clocked 37.8mpg into work on a 5mile mainly uphill drive, normally get about 33-34....so again around that 15% mark...even on my low mileage i reckon that's about a £200 saving per annum :)

#54 ·
I used Angel's mobile service. Came to my home in Aberdeen.

Had the dpf already bashed out & rewelded b4 they came.

Had to fit blanking plate to EGR as it was slightly sticking.

Car is now much smoother, more torque. Big noticeable diff in acceleration. Filled the tank up yesterday so still to check mpg.

Before the remap/dpf I was ready to sell my Brera at a discount just to get rid of it. Was sick fed up with EGR's clogging & then the DPF becoming fully blocked. Was sitting on my drive for weeks not moving. Totally regretted not buying a petrol 3.2 but now it's driving like it should and just as quick as a 3.2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.