Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Finally got my 2006 GT JTD, now how to use it

Tags
2006 finally
894 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sparepart 
#1 ·
Yes the thing finally came, received it yesterday. I love it.

I'm new to Fiat group cars, I am stuck with the onboard computer. I have read through the whole users manual (had to download it in english as the car had a German one).

How do I get it to display consumption? I know how to change it from miles/L and km/l etc... but I can not seem to get it to display anywhere. I am also assuming that it does show this display at all.

Here are some pics of the car.

I'm so happy with it... untill some Italian gremlin dampens my experience lol.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to AO!

You can change the display to consumption via pressing the button on the end of the right hand stalk, once for actule consumption and again for the average consumption, unfortunately you have do this every time you start the car, because it reverts back to the time when you switch it off.

Enjoy!

#6 ·
Thanks I just tried it out, that did the trick. First deisel I have owned that wasn't a van or truck, still a bit strange to see 236km of travel left in the tank when it is showing this much fuel lol.

I know it is only a rough guess but in any of my other cars back in AUstralia i'd only get 30km with that much left in the tank. Even if it is actually only 100km it's still bloody good.

Attachments

#8 ·
yes some go up and down like that...........mine does both...........yours doesnt because its a safety feature as there is no anti-crush sensor so a child could get fingers stuck
mine is a 2005 so must have changed it on your year

the range of fuel intank is based on how u last drove it..

Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.