Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Proflow Cat-Back Exhaust - any experience?

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  brianserena 
#1 ·
Hi there guys,

I am eagerly awaiting having a new cat-back exhaust system to be fitted to my 147 at the weekend, although not looking forward to the 2 hour trip to the place where I'm having it done! Hoping the drive back will be much better though! :cool:

Does anyone have any experience with these guys:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROFLOW-STAIN...ps=63&clkid=8141133754289640023#ht_3667wt_905

Hoping someone might be able to put my mind at rest, and tell me that they are great and wont do a bad job with poor quality components!! :confused:

Thanks for your help guys...

#5 ·
Hey guys,

Sorry that I havent given my feedback yet - completely forgot about this post!! :lol:

The exhaust came out great, however what I would say is possibly go for the quiet set up - as I find mine a little boomy on the highway. I think the size of the backbox is too blame - although my fault as I perhaps didnt explain what I wanted well enough.

Initially I found it a bit too boomy all the time, however I took it back and they were more than happy to sort it out. They removed the backbox, and replaced the inner mesh to a slightly smaller bore which has helped a great deal. The mesh they use is rifled (there own technology) which is pretty smart. I have felt a slight difference in responsiveness, but could be in my head!! It has a great soft burble at idle (not golf like) - and improves the noise till you reach 4000 rpm when the engine note takes over.

Overall I would recommend - especially for the price you pay for such a set up!

I will try take some pics today and post a bit later - weather permitting! (not looking good currently!!)

#7 ·
i assume that Proflow is similar to the Longlife system of straight through exhaust? If so I had a problem with booming sound level but cured as in this post:- made in this post "Stainless Steel Exhaust (cat back)" I had back box fitted by Longlife Thornbury Bristol last week,asking for the standard sound. I was told that the new exhaust would be a little louder than the original, but I was horrified with the result. The booming sound in the cabin in motorway driving was so bad that it hurt my ears!
I told Longlife I wasn't happy and took the car back today. They couldn't have been more concerned, fitted a different pattern tail pipe and hey presto problem gone and at no cost.
After they had sorted the sound level problem I asked them to replace the flexi which was on it's way. Again job done quickly and efficiently.
Great customer service and thank you Tim and Pete.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.