Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Car won`t open

Tags
open won`t
1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Katty 
#1 ·
Anyone else had the problem of the car not open with the remote, obviously will open with the key but alarm goes off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (147 Lusso):cry:

G
#3 ·
to stop the alarm going off on mine i disconnected the bettery for half hour ish, unlocked all the doors in that time. when i reconnected the battery it beeped and flashed to say the alarm was off but i have a thatcham cat 1 alarm, not standard so cant say if it will work for you. it does seem to be a common problem on the 147's on here so have a look and see if you find a solution.

#5 ·
I dropped my key on a concrete floor and it did the same thing afterwards. I hadn't got a spare battery so I took the old one out and hotwired it in to a jump starter pack and tried again. All of the doors blew off their hinges and the car alarm shot through the bonnet punching a hole about a foot in diameter. :lol: Actually what I really did was to take the battery out, give it a quick rub on a hankie and put it back in making sure that the little screw was in the locked position and it's worked fine ever since. Not exactly scientific I know but it worked. Maybe you've sat on the key or something and opened the case slightly so that the contacts are slightly out of line?

#6 ·
As said check batteries in fob if not this then check fuses under dash owners manual tells you which ones while you have the console open just check main central locking wires under there (single black wire with a large grey block) usually clipped to far right of compartment under sterring wheel.

Chances are its a blown fuse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.