Alfa Romeo Forum banner

It must be MCSF light day!

Tags
mcsf
736 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  antpal 
#1 ·
Oh yes, mine has come on too!
Thankfully I was on my way from Norfolk to alfa workshop at the time!

Bella is driving totally normally. I stopped for fuel, got back in, turned the key and beeeep! :-(
Any early guesses before the alfa workshop guys get her plugged in??

#4 ·
I ask because I've read a few topics suggesting that and happening on start would lend itself to that I guess, but it is just a guess. I flattened my 5 year old battery installing audio kit and I got a bunch of ABS & VDC failures. If yours is the battery that came with the car in 2003, it's probably time to get it replaced though.

Really you need to get it plugged in - MCSF is a general warning, so could be a failed sensor or anything - diagnostics will at least show what's reporting it.

#5 ·
Thanks trashbat. I've just heard lambda sensor 2 mentioned. It's being checked now. Although the tech has said its not fatal and shouldn't be worried about unless the warning comes on again. It basically could be just a glitch.
I've only owned an alfa for 10 days, and 1000 miles in I'm starting to get paranoid lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.