Alfa Romeo Forum banner

GTV subframe support brackets

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  00Alfa Andy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I am a newby so please bare with me! I have been driving a GTV 2.0 1996 model for the best part of 10 years. Ofside wishbone ball pin joint has gone and in the process of getting that rectified. However I need to change 2 subframe support brackets plus its bushes that live just behind the mudgard underneath the car on either side of the exhaust pipe. I don't know however what they are called and need to replace them. You all know the car is quite low and the top bolts of these brackets have been bent and the bushes are completely worn with a lot of play in the brackets.
I take these brackets are there for connecting the subframe with the rest of the chasis and making it more rigid.

So question is where do I get these brackets plus bushes and do you know what it will cost?

Many Thanks,

Paul :)

#2 ·
It sounds like it's the control arm lugs that are worn on the subframe. I had the same problem where the collapsed bushes had nearly worn through the frame, if this is the case you will probably need another subframe. Best places to try for one is Autolusso.

#3 ·
Genuine Alfa part numbers :

Right side : 60654608
Left side : 60654607

About £50 each ( as of Feb 2010 )

They're called (reinforcing) struts.

Never seen these as pattern parts, but shopping around may get them cheaper.

If you need new bolts they're also available at between £1.50 & £3.00 each. But I'm not sure if there are minimum quantities. Worth discussing with the parts people. Try 60689020 & 11586024 for the bolts, 14496621 ( washer ), 12574521 ( nut ).

#11 ·
i found the part but seems there is no bushings ??? my 1996 2.0 turbo have bushings. how come the diagramm doesnt show bushings ? do they come separately ? and seems the part # you show dont even have bushings when you look at a picture of the items.. plea se let me know your thougths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.