Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Alfa 155 bonnet cable snapped

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JTVZ 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

can anyone offer any advise on how to replace my bonnet cable on my 155. I'm quite new at fixing things on my own car but I'm really enjoying working on my own cars and the money saving isn't bad either.

J

#3 ·
The cable on a RHD is a 2-piece job. A short cable runs from the steering column to a junction box on the bulkhead.. and then a rocker acts on another cable that runs along the bulkhead and nearside wing then to the front scuttle.

The parts catalogue shows only one obvious cable (on the same page as the bonnet) but this is the long cable. The short one is on the same page as the brake pedal (as you do). Part number 60561849

The junction box is inside the engine compartment, on the bulkhead. It's under a metal cover about 4" x 3" held on with a couple of bolts. If you remove the cover you'll be able to see the rocker mechanism. The cable ends fit into a slot so no real tools required.

From memory it's easiest to pass the cable through the bulkhead and fit the end to the lever... then fit the other end to the rocker in the junction box. It might be easier if you disconnect the long cable from the bonnet catches, so that the rocker can move freely without a spring tension on the other end.

Ralf S.

#4 ·
I think I may have one spare. Will check tonight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.