Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Front fog problems

Tags
fog
961 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Reedy147 
#1 ·
Hello

Ive had this problem for quite some time now, and its just that the 2 front fogs just dont work! but the rear one does, which i belive means that it is not the fuse? i think they run off the same one. also i had one not working for some time, and now the other one has gone. has anyone got any surgestions?

also if the only way to get the lights out to take off the front bumper? or is there an easier way..

thanks in advance

Nick

#2 ·
hello nick, had this problem with my 147, not much room to move and that was the problem , on each light is an earth connection and when replacing bulb the spring wire which holds the bulb may have disconnected the earth like mine, use a small screwdriver to find the loose brown wire,reconnect no back plate you can feel the connection with one finger , i hope i have been helpfull.

#6 ·
Daft question - where are you looking to see if the front fogs are lit up on the car? (you mention front bumper)

The front fog lights on a 147 are in the headlight unit... the outermost lights in the cluster.... the lights in the front bumper are just indicators....

#7 ·
i think nick means theres not a great deal of space to work getting your hand in the fog light part of the light cluster unit he thought about taking the cluster out completely so the bumper would after come off i believe theres bolts at the bottom of the cluster unit to remove it .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.