Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Hi all, Newbie with 156 sportwagon

316 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jillyflower 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just bought myself a 156 1.9 diesel sportwagon.

Due to rising petrol costs & poor MPG from my Hyundai coupe I needed to get myself a economical diesel.

After weeks of searching Ebay & Autotrader I spotted a 156 sportwagon & against all I had heard about Alfa reliability I bit the bullet & bought it.

It's on an 03 plate, 94k on the clock with full service history.

It had a small water leak which was quickly fixed using K seal, I can't recommend this stuff highly enough.

Anyway, I joined this site to get to know other owners & try to learn a bit more about any future problems that may arise.

After just a week of ownership I have to say it's a great car.

Only time will tell !!!

Finally, for those who don't know about it, the direct gov website lets you do a full MOT history check for free & it shows a lot of useful details. All you need it the registraion number & the MOT certificate number.

When I was looking at the Alfa the check showed that it passed it's last MOT but there was an advisory notice issued for suspension issues, Luckily for me the previous owner had receipts to prove that he shelled out £750 to fix this.

Paul.

See less See more
#5 ·
Cheers fellas,

Had to change a headlight bulb today, what a ballache.

This is clearly a job for someone with the tiniest fingers who can get to those bloody clips.

After almost an hour of trying to re-clip the new bulb back in I gave up, might be easier to take the whole headlight out & do it in the warmth of my living room.

Anyone got any tips ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.