Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Electronic code card from dealer - wrong code!

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SponCom 
#1 ·
Hi All

I obtained the electronic code for my 147 today from the stealer so I can program some remotes to the car using fiatECUscan. In this case they live up to their name when they charge a disgraceful £42 for a printout and not even a copy of the original card!

Anyway I got home and tried the code vis FiatECUscan which told me it was incorrect and I also tried the code via the emergency start up procedure using the accelerator pedal and this failed.

Is it feasible for the ecu to have been changed and therefore the electronic code? If so does anyone know if the the dealer can find out the code from the ecu serial number?

Thanks

Paul

#3 ·
Is that a no to the code would not have changed if the body computer had been changed (i.e. it would have been recoded to the car) or that the dealer would not be able to obtain the code for the body computer from the unit.

The dealer didn't seem sure but was sure it was the right number when I spoke to them this morning.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.