Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What tyre size for my new 17" alloys

Tags
alloys
3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  CG Trading 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
Can one of you please tell me what the tyre size for 17" teledials.
There appears to be a slight difference of opinion between ***/45/17 and ***/40/17

Thanks

#8 ·
But that's not a bad thing if you fit 225/40/17s (which are hard to find but not impossible) the gearing will be better low down with better acceleration, but you might lose a little on the top end, which doesn't matter because I don't know about you but I rarely do 140 in the UK. It will slightly lower the car (not much) and handling will improve too. But a harder ride.

Oh and I don't know if the tyres would be equal weight, but any weight shed at the wheel is good because in real terms pound for pound it is far greater than anything you can take out of the body,

and breath

#9 ·
But that's not a bad thing if you fit 225/40/17s (which are hard to find but not impossible) the gearing will be better low down with better acceleration, but you might lose a little on the top end, which doesn't matter because I don't know about you but I rarely do 140 in the UK. It will slightly lower the car (not much) and handling will improve too. But a harder ride.
[/QUOTE
Spot on.225/40s would be ideal. But like you say they are hard to find. I could only find part worn 225/40/17s on ebay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.