Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Fuel Injector Warning Light or?

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Dreamz 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Just received my replace rev counter from Pete (cheers!) and fitted it, i think its slightly different in that just after the 8,000rpm mark, instead of having the Engine Management Light, it has what looks like a little spark plug with fluid spraying out the bottom? assuming this is the injector warning light? (for a moment I thought it might have been the jet sprays for the windscreen lol...

Car is driving perfectly, and the new counter has fixed my rear light staying on problem :thumbs:

However, this "injector" light stays on permanently - thoughts?

#3 ·
my old one is the same, except where this warning light is, it has the engine management symbol

if you wanna be picky - then it's just after the 8 :p

also, i'm pretty certain various lights on the old rpm counter didn't work as i never once saw the EM light come on despite various issues with crank sensor/battery disconnects/maf resets etc :) so it could be this light has always been "on" i've just never been able to see it...?

#4 ·
The EM light changed on the newer models AFAIK

Not being picky, but surely the rev limiter kicks in before you get to 8k revs? :confused:

#6 ·
Right - read the OP again - the symbol is after the 8k rev mark :eek:

Thought you meant it comes on after 8k revs :lol:

Does sound like an older rev counter (like mine) - not sure if the light is illuminated because of this - I shall bow gracefully out of your thread now after being so useless :D

#9 ·
That light (both in old injector form and post Sept 2000 engine form) should come on when the ignition is turned on, then go off after the initial check.
If your old one NEVER came on, I suspect someone removed the bulb to hide a fault.
Get it plugged into diags to find out what the issue is.

#11 ·
ya the old one NEVER came on -

Probably because bulb removed, due to the fault....

My 156 has this same light on, and previous owner related the tale of the rear light issue that someone tried to repair ( "blown bulb" light was always coming on, in spite of replacement bulbs being fitted in rear fitment) but gave up on and merely wired tail light to number plate light... (and "blown bulb" light STILL comes on) -- so now I have to "un-fix" it, to fix it properly... :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.