Alfa Romeo Forum banner

we really need to have a seperate Forums

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Duccini 
#1 ·
Does anyone else find it hard to look at their forum when its shared with 2 others??
This site is updated ever few minites and without looking through 2 or 3 pages its hard to find something that is posted today even (weekends its even worst)
I also own a sud and we share the forum with the 33's which is OK,there's only about 150 of us tops:lol:
As for 147,156 and GT's there must be 1000's
come on AO give us a chance
Give us seperate forums:thumbs:

#8 ·
its because the 156, 147 and GT share a lot in common. they are all more or less the same cars in different dresses, so although info you are looking for maybe come up against a different model it will be just as valid for all 3, the real solution is to get the folks post here to search instead of duplicating threads over and over and over.

the frozen handbrake cables are a prime example of this with several billion people all asking about frozen handbrakes and VDC/ABS errors when they all have the same problem and its been done to death!

#13 ·
its because the 156, 147 and GT share a lot in common. they are all more or less the same cars in different dresses, so although info you are looking for maybe come up against a different model it will be just as valid for all 3, the real solution is to get the folks post here to search instead of duplicating threads over and over and over.

the frozen handbrake cables are a prime example of this with several billion people all asking about frozen handbrakes and VDC/ABS errors when they all have the same problem and its been done to death!

Exactly, there is no need or point in having separate Tech Lounges for such similar cars :thumbs:

Also if users used the Search Function more & titled new threads more sensibly ( that advice is already given in the post new thread window but unfortunately seems to be ignored :rolleyes: )
eg. "Problem with my ...whatever..." instead of "Help" it would be a lot easier to find the required info :thumbs:

#9 ·
Also.. some kind of key word search option would be useful. I had the same problems when I owned a couple of MK1 MR2's.. on IMOC there would be loads of thread repeats as it was difficult to search topics.

I can't see an obvious search tool, unless I am having a spec savers moment :lol:

#11 ·
under the bannner and the tabs there is a black bar across the page with several links in it. 4th in from the right is the search button.

#15 ·
What happens when all you want is to "browse" threads?
I know how to search but sometimes all I want to do is be nosey and look at threads without wanting to find something - you never know it might force me to look at something that I wouldn't normally look at, like the floor rusting due to no underseal!!!!! (got to do mine when weather clears up) or the wear on the drivers side brake pipe!!!!!
I know that we (156's) will probably never get a seperate Forum but it would be nice:thumbs:

#16 ·
156, 147 & GT all pretty much the same under the skin.

I fought against having a GTA forum for the same reason.

As a moderator, I wish new members would have to pass a search function test and watch a mandatory instruction / introduction video before being let loose in the lounges.

Any subsequent stupid postings would result in automatic penalty infraction points erasable only after a mandatory re-test:)

#17 ·
It's not just new members that should be subjected to a test :headbang: & there should probably be annual refresher courses :thumbs:

:evil:

:lol:

#18 ·
Agreed David:thumbs:

I'm thinking along the lines of a pass / fail elearning course;)

Of course, those on via iPhones cannot search so we're exempt:p

#19 ·
:lol: :thumbs:

I won't say much about iPhone users :p but the search function works via iTouch

Also can we ban anyone with the Tapatalk spam included in their posts :evil:

#20 ·
What would probably be most useful would be if people put 147, 156 or GT in the subject line of their posts. I know the cars have a lot in common, but it would be nice to know what car someone's talking about before diving into the post and responses.

Otherwise it's an improvement on the old days when us GT owners had to slum it with the GTVs:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.