Alfa Romeo Forum banner

ice

Tags
ice
863 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  markymarkspider 
#1 ·
why is the stereo in the gtv so crap
i have what seems to be the same head unit in my 147 2.0 lusso and it sounds 50 times better
is the problem the speakers or the main unit or both

#5 ·
thanks
will look into it
Probably next year now

#6 ·
I find the sound of the V6 enough :) In my TS I changed the head unit and rear speakers to sort it out though! Next job was the fronts before the upgrade.

In my opinion any stereo system is only as good as it's worst part. Any new speakers and head unit will improve the standard set-up and all upgrades will be noticed but it depends what you're after. The HU is gutless and the speakers are made from paper so a quick swap around will definitely help.

Of course the other option is just open the widows and boot it!

#7 ·
"Of course the other option is just open the widows and boot it!"

No complaints with the sound system there:)

Would be nice to have some decent sounds inside the car as well

isthere any speakers you guys would recco for a good upgrade with out too much altering of the internal trim

#8 ·
I upgraded my fronts to Focal 5.25" Components and removed the rears completely and managed to squeeze in an 10" sub fixed to the parcel shelf. The sub is powered by a Genesis low profile mono block amp. All powered from a Pioneer MVH-8200BT headunit.

Attachments

#9 ·
It's 90% the speakers. Both front and rear are easy to replace. It makes a MASSIVE difference. The rears can go straight in, and the fronts need an adapter that can be bought on ebay. After a lot of advice from other members I did a detailed "how to" on a thread a few months ago. Have a search under my name.

#10 ·
Ahh the space that GTV ownrs have in their "cavernous" boots. We spider owners dont get much option other than a sub firing behind the seats (funny enough Nissan's 350Z has a similar set up) but no obvious way of adding an extra set of rear speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.