Alfa Romeo Forum banner

X278 yft rip 2000 - 2010...

7K views 137 replies 30 participants last post by  Hunter 
#1 · (Edited)
Today i am Alfaless:cry:. Was in a pretty bad accident this morning. Skidded on a patch of black ice, smashed into a tree.

Car is a wreck, i am ok though.

Attachments

See less See more
#54 ·
Bloody hell O :eek: Good to see youre ok, sounds like it could have easily have been a lot worse.

That road does seem to have its fair share of drama.

C70 T5 - arent they the Coupe's? Still quite nippy though arent they? Probably not far off the pace of a GTA?
A quick remap and bye-bye GTA im guessing?

Shame you're Alfaless now though. :(

#55 ·
Could have been loads worse, bit sore down 1 side though :thumbs:

C70 is the coupe aye, pretty quick - 240+bhp i think so yes, pretty quick :D

Shouldn't be alfaless for too long hopefully, just waiting for the right 1 to come along:)

#72 ·
Just seen this, Mr O.....black ice ain't fun...I do some skid-car instruction and have to tell my students that if its really bad, then whatever we teach them isn't a guarantee - on sheet ice there is little you can do except try to minimise the impact by not doing the wrong things! - and of course try to spot the early warning signs if there are any.....

Glad you're Ok, though. Feel free to give me a shout if you are looking for a 156 - usually got a few about......

#75 ·
Mr 'O' - just spotted your RIP post - looks like it's been a real shaker - glad you're OK and hope the guy in the taxi is going to be OK.

A huge shame about the car - I hope you can get fixed up soon with another - it suppose it would be nice to have one for Christmas!! As per Steveisfrowning's post a late '54 low miler would be a good bet.

Good luck with the search - I will follow your progress with interest.

#82 ·
I am thinking of buying this Volvo that i have been driving.It is going to be up for sale soon but I can get it for a decent price (family discount :thumbs:). It is a nice car and drives really well, no dodgy noises, smooth and really quiet. The wife likes it too. I would have another alfa but am now starting to think about buying this Volvo....

#92 ·
Just to update everyone...

Had a call from the police today, they need to take a statement from me. when i asked why, they told me that the taxi driver has made an accusation that he was hit by my car causing him to crash :mad::mad::mad::mad:

The police have told me not to worry though as they have disproved this serious allegation, the copper told me that they had inspected my car and found no evidence on my car to say that i had crashed into him, they also inspected his car and confirmed that only a tree had caused major damage to his car and when he was told that all vehicle had been inspected, had taken pictures at the scene and while they were in a storage facility by the police and an independent vehicle inspector, when told about this evidence, he went a bit quiet(the coppers words).

I am not worried and have nothing to hide and will be making a statement to the police sometime next week. I hope he gets propper done :mad::mad::mad:

#105 ·
Just to update you all, had an 'offer' today from insurance

£750 :mad:

Phoned them straight up and told them i wasn't happy with that at all. Had the most strangest conversation with insurance lady on the phone, they then asked me what i would be happy with, i said more than 1000 quid,

offered 1050 - Accepted it, still not happy about it though...

I have the volvo for as long as i need it so am in no rush to buy another car, going to wait for the right 156 to come along :thumbs:

#107 ·
Car has been stuck in a compound since i crashed it, only got my stereo and speakers out of the car.

When i get another 156 though, it will be getting the usual mods - gta headlamps/hids, powerflexed , some strut braces and a suspension kit....

Going to save up for a bit so i can get a decent car to start off with :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.