Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Remote needs reset?

Tags
remote reset
2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  z3060243 
#1 ·
:rolleyes: I drive a 3dr 147, and my key remote does not work..... It works fine yesterday and then today when I want to get in the car the remote did not work!!! And here's the story, when I press the lock and unlock button, the indicators light flashes normally, however, the door is not unlocked. Then I tried the botton for the boot and it works fine. I used the key to maually unlock the car, however, only the door that I used the key with is unlocked, not the other. I switched on the car, the light indicating the doors are locked is still on, and when I press it, the doors does not get locked util the third or fourth time I press it. Just when I lost hope in the lock, I switched off the engine, get outside the car and try to lock it. The key remote somethimes work in locking the car and sometimes don't..... :( what can it be??? Thanks for any help

G
#5 ·
the battery disconnect tip also works when your Immobiliser stops your car from starting.... (Car turns over but wont start code light still illuminated on the dash. Dis battery code light goes car starts :confused: )

#8 ·
kevvie said:
The remote control on 147's is just very dodgy. The sales guy told me it was a "security feature" that you have to stand right next to the car for it to work. 156's don't have the same problem.
I would be surprised if this was true. Neither of my 147s had/have any problems with the range of the remote control and work from some considerable distance away. I did have some problems with the remote boot control with the 2.0 Twin Spark, where it would activate, but it wouldn't unlock. This went away of its own account. The GTA has not experienced any problems thus far.

#9 ·
I had a similar problem within the first 3 month of getting my Bella.

Since she was still under guarantee, I took her back to the dealer and they ordered new keys and reset/re-synchronised the keys to the OBC.

Sorted and since then nothing has gone wrong with the keys...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.