Alfa Romeo Forum banner

147 ignition problem...

Tags
ignition
2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mknok 
#1 ·
So some of you might notice my welcome thread but anyway I will repeat.

I had a crash, had other things to do that involved money so I couldn't fix the car then.
I went down on snow started dancing on the road and broke the front plastic, the bumper and both headlights, and somehow the passenger side got the hit more and the fender twisted and pulled out the servo oil cooler...

Anyway I can get all the parts put them on and drive... but the problem is... my key does not work.

After the accident the car was pulled home, and later we started him to see does he work, yeah he did. But he was too long without battery and now i got the new one. But the car does not like my key :)

So do I need to go to official Alfa service or is there any way to reset the key codes by my self...

THX

#3 ·
No the impact was not hard, just slide of the road and hit the snow... no airbag action, nothing...

I said I started the car month after that, but the battery had power... no the battery was dead... replaced and the key does not work anymore...

So i guess the codes where lost cause the PC had no power for long time...

#6 ·
The battery in the key doesn't affect the immobiliser transponder - it's energised by the immo via the aerial.

Disconnect the car battery, short the 2 connections going to it for a few seconds, give it a good charge, then connect it positive-first (I've seen that have an effect on the immobiliser's happiness), then put the key in and see if the 'code' light goes out. :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.