Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2.0 JTS GT Coupe Water Dripping from engine

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  davealfa11 
#1 ·
Hi
Can anyone suggest what might be the problem with my car. I have noticed that when the engine is running there is a persistent drip of what appears to be water coming from the centre of the engine bay.
Any ideas gratefully received.
Thanks

#6 ·
Thanks to all for the advice.

To davealfa11 I am guessing any coolant may have an odour when still wet and not evaporate without leaving any mark.

I should have known it was the air con but I am really grateful for the thoughts from other people. My other car is a Honda (which being ultra reliable - HAH!!!! - a list of faults would fill this forum) has dripped from the air conditioning sytem from day one regardless of the weather.

Thanks again to all

#7 ·
all air con systems "leak" it is just condensation on the evaporator unit behind the dash in air blower box drain out through a pipe "like the back of your fridge wear the water/ ice drains down a small hole"
its when its not draining its time to worry as it usually results it soggy carpets!

#8 ·
If you aren't losing coolant, then I'd suggest air con condensor dripping - not an issue.

If the coolant is going down, check the plastic water rail that runs across the front of the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.