Alfa Romeo Forum banner

4 door sud breaking for spares

2K views 32 replies 6 participants last post by  kevjtd 
G
#1 · (Edited)
as the title says, i have access to a 4 door sud that i can strip some parts from before it goes to the crusher.

i already have taken the dash out, good condition with no splits or cracks
the front screen, good condition with no scratching or chips
door card set, in reasonable condition but has speakers cut in front cards
outer chromed weather strips, in good condition
fuse box, looks in good condition
front wiper motor & linkages, in good condition with no play in joints
plus a few other little bits & pieces, o/s/f window regulator as i hoped it would fit my ti but they are different to the 2 door cars :( pair of fron side repeaters, interior rear view mirror, door mirror mount & rubber (no mirror though) . can't remember what else.

anyway there are a few more parts i can grab if anyone needs them.
the seats aren't brilliant. the drivers seat in in good condition, no rips. passenger side has some damage & the rear has some wear along the top edge. plus they need a damn good clean. haven't taken them out but can if they are any use??

the roof lining is in very good condition. it has NO sunroof (despite being a UK car :lol:) and is the white perforated material type one rather than the card one on my ti. is pretty clean also, don't think the car was smoked in.

the boot lid doesn't look in bad condition, may be able to get it but most metal work will be staying to add weight for the crusher, although a decent offer would get it.
likewise the o/s/r door isn't too bad, just a bit of rust along the bottom but worth saving if all else fails? but again they are heavy and would detract from the weigh in value so an offer would need to reflect this loss in weight.

all the glass is available, but last time i took the time to take it all out no-one was interested so may leave that in??

all window regs work well so may take them out anyway.

just to be clear, this is NOT my car. it belongs to the banger racer guys who sent 2 suds off to the scrap yard in the sky with one last hurrah last year. he has very kindly got in touch with me to offer any parts that may come in useful, with a bit of compensation for loss of value (weight) but he is more than happy for us to gain some hard to obtain spares.

i will be listing all the items on ebay on sunday, unless anyone wants to make an offer on any of the above.

if anyone wants the seats or roof lining taking out then please let me know asap, i only have tomorrow night to go back and get any parts left over.

also any parts that are still on that you might need :thumbs:

See less See more
G
#3 · (Edited)
didn't get chance to get under it melv, had a look at the axle and petrol tank but they are both pretty shot so how good the compensater would be i don't know, didn't think to look though i must admit :lol:

got what bits i could tonight

door handle set, with key
steering lock/switch/column with key
rear light set
choke cable
throttle cable (single carb car)
bonnet release cable and handle
gear knob
washer jets
rear quarter badges
boot badges

plus i got the o/s/r door off.
it looked ok but was covered in greenery and cobwebs so couldn't tell too much.
now it's washed its not too bad, but not as good as i first thought.
has some rust at the front bottom corner, inside & out. bottom edge of the skin and under the door bottom is very good though.
there are a few dents in the skin though, but better that than full of rust holes.
if anyone wants it let me know, won't be asking a fortune, just to compenaste the fella from losing a bit of weight from the crusher.

otherwise it will be on ebay this sunday, if not sold then it will be back to the crusher which would be a shame as it is worth saving

G
#8 ·
cheers phil, i spent a couple of evenings saving the parts before the car went to the crusher. a few hours spent will hopefully provide a few spares for those who need them.

plus i got the odd thing for my sud, like a much better drivers door mirror which doesn't flop around and has a nice clear glass. the one on my sud now is firm of movement but you can't see much with the darkened glass :lol:

i was going to keep some of the better bits for myself, like the screen & the wiper controls but it will get a few quid back to bob who offered them for us, and hopefully they will find a good home :thumbs:

G
#9 ·
and if anyone from on here bids & wins any parts they can hang on to meet up if they want, save on the postage :thumbs: as long as it's the smaller items that is, it would have to go in the suds' boot :lol:

mitcar is 100%

vesuvious at the end of this month also so there's 2 venues for collection ;)

G
#13 ·
yep, car went to the crusher last friday :( that's why i had to rush round on weds & thurs getting what i could

would have thought the relay would be a fairly easy one to get from a parts place melv?? would have been easier if i had one to pop in the post though :lol:

sorry john, i don't have a digital clock. but if you find anyone that does have one then let me know, i need one also :lol: can only read it in the dark :D

G
#15 ·
G
#17 ·
peter is quite amiable and worth chatting to.
don't expect a reply straight away though as he is camping out at cadwell as we speak :lol:
he's up there for weekend with the classic racers then off up north collecting a lancia for someone.

and keep an eye out on his website, if the deal he mentioned comes off then he may well have quite a few intresting parts coming up :thumbs:

G
#19 ·
his mobile number is at the top right corner of the web page, might be an idea to not try it just now :lol: but try him in the morning :thumbs:

i know he was dashing back to get the barby up and running which no doubt includes a few liquid additions :D

#23 ·
thought i would let you know kev i got a reply to my e-mail. no need for late night calls!
and you told no word of a lie in his e-mail he is very helpful and i would also second kev's reccomendation to use him!
been looking for a pair of those for ages! :D

G
#24 ·
he is a top bloke, ok he's trying to run a business so will be helpful, but he's doing it because he is an alfa nut not just because it will make him a living ;)
after all, isn't that what we would all do if we could, earn a living from our hobby :cool:

anyway, what exactly is it that you have got a pair of from him :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.