Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Help GTV won't start

Tags
start
793 views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Minirib 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, have not been on the GTV area before.
Was asked if I would take look at a W reg 2.0TS GTV for a friend of a friend. When we got there mid day, the car was ready for the once over. But it would not start.

The dealer had four keys of different types and two push button fobs. The car locked and unlocked, engine would crank but not start and code light stayed on in the dash. After half hour I remembered a blog about an aerial around key area and put my hand up under the dash and wriggled the wires around the key in the column. I put the key in and it started first time.

Do we go ahead with this car or is this going to be a constant problem?
What is involved with sorting out this problem?
Any ideas and help would be much appreciated.

G
#2 ·
Its not a massive problem its normally the two connections to the coil itself either getting corroded or broken normally easy enough to fix. If not i have a spare one sitting in front of me you can have for the cost of postage. Not something that should put you off as its a relativley common problem

G
#4 ·
If you take the cover away off from around the steering collum you`ll see the coil around the end of the ignition barrel it just unclips the cable goes to the small plug on the code box. To change it you unclip the coil unplug the other end from the code box and the reverse for re fitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.