Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Looking to take the plunge with GT

Tags
plunge
670 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Red Kite 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm just looking to take the plunge a buy a 2nd hand 1.9 JDTM Lusso from a local Alfa Dealership. It's an '07 plate with 35k on the clock. Test drove it last week and apart from some superficial marks on the interior trim it seems to be a very tidy car and drives superbly.

Is there anything I should be specifically looking for on this car before I part with my hard earned (some say) readies?

Cheers for now

RK

#2 ·
check the sills, braught my gt every thing seemed bang on, untill i washed it for the 1st time, running the sponge along the sills i found a large dent on the underside both sides, barely visible looking at her from the side. apparently it must of been jacked up in the wrong place, dont know what it will cost too fix yet theres a slight bit of paint damage, so be cautious & check, on the forum it seems a fairly common mishap, other than that its been a beautiful sexy motor.

#3 ·
I did the same nearly a year ago.
There's lots of opinion & advice on the forum.
This is worth a read ;-
Alfa Romeo GT Buyer's Guide
I've certainly enjoyed my GT. A great car. I had mine remapped by red dot racing & this is certainly worth doing. There'll be lots of posts here on remapping as well.
If the price is right, go for it. I doubt you'll look back.
Let us know how you get on.
Matt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.