Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Brera badge. Put it back on?

Tags
put
3K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  cas 
#1 ·
Just had a little scrape on my rear bumper sorted. In the process the bodyshop took the 'Brera' badge off and didn't put it back on as they weren't overly confident it will stay on with the sticky pads they usually use.

So it's currently on my desk (sticky padded up and ready to go), but should I put it back on?

If I do, do you think that 4 thin sticky pad strips that run up the length of the B, the verticals of the two Rs (that make them look like Ns!) and the vertical of the A will be enough?

Was never 100% sure about the font of it, and the back end looks quite nice with a naked bum...

#2 ·
If you're not sure that the sticky pads you've got will hold, why not go to Halfords and buy a pack of thin number plate sticky pads and trim them to fit? These will be much stronger - but make sure you get the thin ones as the thick ones will look silly as they will make the badge stick out too far from the bodywork (assuming you decide to put it back on....):lol:

#3 ·
I would hope they used pretty good pads being a decent body shop.

I'm leaning to not putting it on, in part because I'll probably get it off centre or wonky and it will then drive me mad!

G
#25 ·
I have de-badged all my cars for years because its one less place for nasty grit to hide before embedding itself in your wash mitt and gouging your lovely paintwork.

If anyone wants to know what your car is, let them ask! (I presume YOU will remember?) :lol:

#32 ·
My decision may have been made for me.

As I got up this morning I heard the cry of 'Daddy, broke it' coming repeatedly from the office that my two year old son had invaded.

Needless to say he had two bits of Brera badge in his hands when I found him...

G
#33 · (Edited)
Actually when mine arrives, I was thinking of debadging the Brera from it and leaving it with only the Alfa badge...not a fan of too many badges as such.

But this comes to the question, have any of you had any probs with idiots and, well IDIOTS debadging your cars at all where you are?

#34 ·
i grabbed a Q4 badge of ebay and was thinking of swapping the brera badge for that, thoughts am i mad (er than usual)?

#38 ·
I noticed on you pics it was missing.

Someone stole it?
Someone decided to debadge it for the reasons alread mentioned?
Or the rear needed a respray and it wasn't put back?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.