Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2.5 v6 delayed power delivery

2K views 51 replies 3 participants last post by  coz156 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Alfa owners am in a bit of a pickle.

The power delivery is very delayad by about a second. It's quite jerky as it's pulling through the range. Put it on a snap on computer and not bringing up no faults. The lamda sensor was at 0.27 and nit changing like it should so changed that and still the same. Maybe a little but smoother. But still not moving like it should seems quite slow now.

Any help would be great. Am a bit stumped by this one.

#7 ·
Was when I floored it up the rev range in first as it got to
6000 rpm it gave a massive jerk and put injector light on and car went into limp mode. Put it on the computer and that's what it came up with. So changed it and it was fine again.

#9 ·
A delayed throttle is normally caused by a fault in the fly by wire throttle sytem.

Normally it will be a dodgy connection, either at the throttle body end or the connection for the potentiometer which I think is behind the glovebox.

I have had this issue on my GTV, and disconnecting the throttle body and cleaning the connectors cured it.

I also had an erractic idle speed at the same time along with the injection warning light, which came on at 6000rpm with a jerk..

#17 ·
Ok unplugged the sensor and no delay in the throttle. Plugged it back in and still no throttle delay.
Only proplem now is it feel like a loss in power and sounds like it's running pretty rough. There is like a whirring as it going through the revs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.