Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Extrange door post-locking sound

865 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ThePuf 
#1 ·
Hiya.
A few days ago I noticed an extrange sound just after locking the doors. It sounds like a shot, and you can only hear it if there isn't so much noise around. Actually, I can only hear it if I'm inside the car (156 1.9 JTD)

Any clues about that?. I've posted this in another forum and I've been told that this happens in some cases and it is not dangerous, though.

Thanx in advance!

#5 ·
That's totally true. However I went to the official service yesterday and they told me the same: it's just a "feature". The explanation was that the sound is related to the mechanism to stop the motors moving the locks in all five doors (including the boot).

I feel more confident now, I think I did not notice it before cause I was always listening to the radio.

P.D: When I was saying it sounded like a shot, I meant an air-compressed rifle shot, not that one from your previous post ;-)

Greetings.

#6 ·
pasko said:
That's totally true. However I went to the official service yesterday and they told me the same: it's just a "feature". The explanation was that the sound is related to the mechanism to stop the motors moving the locks in all five doors (including the boot).

I feel more confident now, I think I did not notice it before cause I was always listening to the radio.

P.D: When I was saying it sounded like a shot, I meant an air-compressed rifle shot, not that one from your previous post ;-)

Greetings.

Greetings to all,

This is my very first post in this forum which I find very helpful, informative and also very light heartedly funny at times.
Kudos to all for such a site.

This pistol shot sound actually comes from within the right rear passenger door in my 156 Selespeed. It is also audible whenever I lock or unlock the car when I'm inside. There is a slight delay from the time the locking pin are pushed down before one hears the 'shot'.

It another interesting feature that comes free with the car tho' not all the 156's have this . Luck of the draw.

Cheers.
AL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.