Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Central locking not working on blipper?

3K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  Harryjones05 
#1 ·
Quick question chaps; went to open the Spider this morning but it was frozen up. On pressing the blipper, the car disarmed itself but the door solenoids didn't raise the inside buttons, neither would the external door buttons depress. I got some warm water and pouring it over the external buttons they became free and by unlocking it with the key I could open it. Ever since though, I can't get the central locking to work on the blipper, I can set and un-set the alarm and the immobiliser is working because I can start the engine but once I turn it off, shut the door and set the alarm I still have to lock it with the key. Any ideas? I wondered could it be the fuse blown for the central locking? :confused:

Rich...

#2 ·
Yes the alarm is confused
if you unlock the car on the key, do not open the doors, then unarm the alarm re-lock car with key then arm the alarm, you should then be able to do both on the fob
it is important to to make sure you get the right alarm status with the locks

mine is a solid flash to unarm
2 flashs to arm

it's just to sync it up

#4 ·
Yeh as in the post above not very clear I do appoligise

Don't open the doors
unarm the alarm
unlock car
lock car
arm the alarm

then should work

this normally works on mine,

make sure you arm and unarm the right way round with locking and unlocking the car

#33 ·
Yep yep yep.............laff out loud :lol:.............not at my spider but at the thread on here reading how their locks either don't work or they try to get the door open before it locks itself again :cheese:But yes..late for work, in a hurry................damnably cold and she drives me NUTS :rant:..she's soooo lucky I love her:D

#14 ·
does the one pin push down then come back up, this is caused from the cold. unless as been forced, to lock or unlock

or the one pin goes down and other stays up. could be down to a fuse, but i am not very familiar with the central looking fuse relay system.

#19 ·
Thank God

Well I googled my problem and what do you know am not the only one. Doesn't really help my problem but makes me feel a little better the joy of owening an alfa had it 2 weeks and I expect a long list of crazy faults but the fun of the door unlocking and relocking it self right away is a real joy its a little bit like a game to test if your awake, can you open the door befor it relocks.

#22 ·
Love this...was just gonna post a new thread on this but see loads of us have the same problem... i'm sure it's just the internal mechanisms frozen up?... trouble is, if you park your car in a dodgy area of Manchester like me, you can't lock the bleedin thing!...( DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! )

#24 ·
I locked my car on alarm then reopen with key so if door is opens with out disarming the alarm, the alarm will go off and then you are safe and not froze out,

but limey if you have opened the door that it froze shut, more than limey just need to fiddle with it, almost force the pin down, just tempramental, doubt it's a fuse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.