Alfa Romeo Forum banner

MAF issues 147 1.9 JTD 16V

Tags
maf
2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  martin123 
#1 ·
Hi

Had my 147 checked over and repaired after and icy meeting with a kerb bashed in the nearside front suspension!

Finally managed to et the fault codes read on the control system and it is flagging an 'air quality issue' air filter is only a couple of months old therefore not likely to be that. I have been looking around the forum and I think disconnecting the MAF might be the best route forward to see if that cuts down on the the smoke etc.

Any ideas where it is and if it needs changing is it a job I can do myself?

Nic

#5 ·
Just read this and have the same with our 20v JTD, but yesterday the MCSF warning came on too!! Strange thing is that the car drives ok, but is down on Mpg (around 30-35). Could a faulty Maf flag a MCSF Error message (had the EGR replaced a few months ago)? Sorry for the thread hijack!!

#6 ·
hi Tigger23

You are describing my problems although wll a little extra smoke under acceleration. My MCSF fault code indicates a problem with the air supply - I have checked the Air Filter, and know the hoses are all good, therefore I am goign to try the MAF - I think if I disconnect it the car reverts to factory defaults instead of the reads from the MAF, this should hopefully result in the MCSF light going off. then I will try cleaning and then just replace the MAF - however if it does not work I am back to square one.

#7 ·
if you disconnect it, the light will be on, as there will be a break in the circuit. but if its your problem it will pull better, but probably wont idle. if you replaced the maf, and the light is still there, it will take a few starts to clear the error and turn out the light:thumbs:

#8 ·
Well the plot thickens... our 20v decided to lose some power today, almost as if the turbo wasn't spooling (couldn't hear it and it's usually quite noticable) but then when it was restarted later on, it felt fine and the turbo was back!! I know it's an Alfa but, bloody hell!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.