Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Does your work call on your day off?

5K views 53 replies 18 participants last post by  TseTse54 
G
#1 ·
Yet again, I have received a phonecall from work whilst on my dayoff. I've lost count of the times this has happened to myself and my colleage. I reckon I get a call about 50% of the time from the manager. It's never anything that he couldn't sort out himself. I always make sure that my customers know when I am not in, that way I can always be sure that I deal with them, and it also gives the manager no excuess to moan that he had had to deal with my customers. However there always seems to be a call, usually something like......the guy has come to fit a towbar and we can't find the car it's going on because we can see for s***! The call always ends with a completely insensere 'sorry to have bothered you on your day off!'. It's a right pain because it puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day, and then you don't feel refreshed when you return to work. I'm someone who desperately needs my own space....Mrs Wills was off work today and even that left me feeling all at odds because she rarely has a Tuesday off, and I felt like my space was being invaded. So from this you can see why I react so extremely to work calling. A dayoff should be just that! I mean, it's not like I work for some secret government organisation and I need a mobile version of the bat phone with me at all times.......I sell cars for crying out loud:rant::mad::cry::rant:

#42 ·
Thanks Fella (I just love the chance to lock horns with HTS ;))

#41 ·
Only if it is urgent and the urchins I ask to do something on the file which is urgent as the other solicitors are often too busy (this is what we pay paralegals to do!) can't work it out, very rare tbh as i always leave very detailed instructions if anything needs doing or I check my diary for anything urgent that may come up and sort it out before I go away, if all of that fails the partner in charge of our team makes someone sort it lol.

G
#53 ·
One of my clients has a habit of phoning me out of hours - this can be 19:30 & later at times :mad:
When He gets hold of me during working hours, He has the cheek to complain I am hard to get hold of :rolleyes:
In my game I have to be 'contactable' in case of emergencies, but in this guys case "cry wolf" comes to mind & I hope He doesn't actually 'need' me out of hours as I will continue to ignore Him :tut:

#54 ·
I used to get the occasional "How do I..." call when I was at home and usually tried to help, much to my wife's annoyance. Then management gave me a phone when one of the managers was on vacation. They weren't amused when I said "Thanks, but it gets turned off when I go home.":lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.