Alfa Romeo Forum banner

AD now working what next - gearbox been changed what do i do on AD

758 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Balyp 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Managed to get AD working however need some advise with regards to what the next steps are when using AD i have just had gearbox fitted.

Do I do a full calibaration and new actuator?

#2 ·
Personally, I’d run through the component tests first. Make sure everything is working. Pressurize the accumulator and depressurize it a few times then, run the calibration. That’s after making sure the oil is full. I'd also check it a few times during the tests.

But that’s just me.

#3 ·
Go to sensors and on the top sensor scroll down to clutch position sensor, click on the little screen icon to start monitoring and look at the bottom of the 3 figures, it should read 28 - 28.5mm, if it doesn't then search for my guide on how to adjust it.

The click on Actuators and then the Calibration routines, go down to the forth option (EOL) and click Exeute routine, the gearbox will clunk and the pump wil whirr for about 3 minutes, at the end of the routine the car will either give 2 double beeps (PASS) or 3 double beeps (FAIL!), at the end of that the actuator is setup (if PASSED) and you can go on your way, if it fails and A/D hasn't crashed then you'll get a code i.e. 0xd, no description is given in thes cases, so you'll have to ask again to find out what it means, but you can go back to Actuators and test each individual one, the most common one to fail is the Hi/Lo range pot which is an actuator off, swap pots and refit actuator job to sort (about an half hour all in).

#4 ·
While it was doing the routine it said the following
"Routine Result:0x1"
"Routine failed"

I checked the fault codes and got the following
P0725
P1743
P1756
P1757
P1758

I then cleared these and thought would do the EOL again and it said the same thing, I checked the Gearbox Auto Calibration Error Code sensor and it read "error selecting 1a - 2a"

#5 ·
This is what stoyce advised reason for me putting this stuff on here is so other people may be able to get some tips and also someone may have some extra advice,

You sure the speed sensor connector isn't switched with the reverse sensor on the gearbox? The black and the brown plugs on the front of the box.
Check all connections are correct and the earth is fitted back on the gearbox.

Did you remove any of the connectors on the actuator?, if so, you may have one or two of the switched...

Have you checked the pump out in the actuators test? Try running individual tests to see if any fail...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.