Alfa Romeo Forum banner

147 door replacement

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cj romeo 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have just bought a 147 on ebay and the car is a cat D. The driver side doors are both damaged.

Has anyone got any experience on replacing doors. i.e are they a straight replacment, do the airbags just connect with the electric windoes etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Barry

#2 ·
Have recently replaced rear door on my 147 - not as complex as front door. I had the advantage of picking up a perfect door, complete with all electrics, glass, interior trim etc. I thought it would be straight swap (i.e. disconnecting electric loom, unboltong checkstrap and unbolting hinge pins. BUT....hinges did need moving slightly to get good alignment. If you don't have to move hinges, I suspect front door is no more complicated, if you can find a complete door with all the parts in place. If you have to move hinges, they are torqued very tight, so be very careful you don't strip the heads. One of mine stripped and I landed up replacing the hinge bolt (only a few pennies from Alfa). Good luck with it and make sure there are two people to hold the door.

#4 ·
The electrics panel in the drivers door is coded to your car, so even if you get a complete replacement, refit the original switch panel, which is actually a body computer node.

There is no airbag in the door bythe way, they are in the seats and in the headling for the side of the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.