Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Need infromation. Please help

981 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  arjunior45 
#1 ·
First of all thanks for taking your time to read this.

I would like to know,
1. What is the 155 q4 stock standard boost from the factory? 0.8, 0.9, 1.0 bar???
2. What is the original rev limit?
3. If i use a boost controller, what is tha max boost i can go up to on a stock standard car...

I want to know this so i can set two boost settings for the boost controller so i can run the car on standard boost on normal driving and boost it up when needed.

Also, sorry about asking about the standard boost but i have never owned an alfa

#2 ·
Well another Q4 oner {I hope}.
1} It's 0,8 bar and goes up to 1,0 in overboost
2} cut at 6793 rpm and restart at 6602
and
3} at 1,5 bar I.A.W. cut the injection as a safety measure. With stock internals you can go up to 1,40 - 1,45 bar max for a short period of time - at midrange, not all the way up to 6793 rpm.
Anyway, I do not think it will be wise to go that high with a stock-standard car.

Regards

Nick

#3 ·
Thanks for the info, I thought no one would reply!!
Car will be coming soon, need to get some stuff sorted.
1.4 -1.5 on stock internals??
Wow, i thought with a boost controller i would set 2 settings and the lower at stock and the higher at 1.1 max.
Since you said 1.4 or 1.5 i might put the higher boost at 1.2, at this figure will it be safe to rev it high or do you recommend something lower if revved high?
Whats I.A.W by the way?
Also, i dont mean to intrude but where are you from and have you seen anybody use a charge intercooler like these ones Pace Products Chargecooler from Pace products.

#5 ·
IAW is the Q4's electronic control unit of the car, same as the one for Lancia Integrale Evo2 and FIAT Coupe 16VT.
1,5 bar is the max limit and DO NOT go that high. 1,4 bar is the max at midrange the stock internals can tolerate and I do not know if you can have that boost at high revs with the oem garrett. At high rev I do not know anyone with more than 1,1 bar with stock internals.

155 Q4 is quite a rare car and there were produced as much as 2704 cars in total {'92 to '96}. So go gently with it.

I'm from Greece and never saw a Q4 with a water charge intercooler There is not that much of free space on a Q4 if you keep the A/C. Stock one is quite good and you can make a 47% bigger one if you want to. Something like the one in the picture attached. You could use a water injection on the intercooler if you like, like the 1st series Q4s {'92}.

You could send me a mail at arjunior45@hotmail.com any time you want and I'll try to help you as much as I can. I do not post here so often for lack of time.

Regards

Nick

Attachments

#6 ·
Thanks arjunior 45 and The EA.

arjunior 45
You dont have to worry about me abusing a 155 car or killing one, it is more like i have saved one q4 engine actually.

I think i have some space for a Pace watercooler as i have moved the battery to the back, so the right hand side of the engine bay is quite free.

Just trying to figure out what are the exact specs for the stock Garret turbo GAR TB0367 are.
i know the Specs Garrett TB0367: compressor .42 a/r - turbine .36 a/r
i wonder what is the c.f.m...

#9 ·
Thanks again guys,

You guys are really helping me. No one in my country can deal with this engine. I think there are 3 of these engines here and info in scarce.

I have heard about a site called Lancia Evolution which is supposed to be really good.
The problem is that i can seem to find it, all i find are dead links that wont connect.
Anyone been there recently.

THanks The EA, all i have to do now is figure out is how to calculate C.F.M...

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.