Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Borbet As on a 33 S3 - Yay or Nay?

Tags
borbet nay yay
4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  Frankthered 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting some Borbet As for my 33 (series 3 with 16v bodykit). What do you guys think?

See Borbet Light Alloy Wheels. United Kingdom. Borbet.co.uk, Quality Alloy Wheels Made in Germany. Borbet UK Alloy Wheels. to see what the wheel looks like (I'm sure you know already)

Three questions:

1. Do you think they'll suit the car?
2. As they only come in 16" diameter will it be significantly detrimental for the ride quality/ handling?
3. What else should I bear in mind when thinking of getting these wheels?

I currently run Konis matched to HR springs all round. I've also got poly bushes all round.

The plan is to have a deeper dish at the back to give it that wider look from the rear. Not sure how deep the dish can be at the rear though.

What do you think? Your thoughts will be much appreciated.:thumbs:

See less See more
#2 ·
#14 · (Edited)
Personally :vomit:
These are 9x16 5-hole from a 164, so that`s not comparable. The car is a 33 with a 3.0 V6 12-Valve in it :). Okay, in fact it`s a shortened 164, don`t know whether you already know this car, here`s some more info: http://www.grupposportivo.net/AlfaRomeoS3e5.htm

I had the Borbet A on my old 16V, were looking great in 7x15, look here: Alfa Romeo Community: alfisti.net Forum-Gallery: Bild anklicken, um das Fenster zu schliessen!

I think these are the second-best rims to be fitted on a 33. Best are Ronal A1, of course ;-), got four of them in my cellar waiting to be mounted on my actual 8V S3.

I would prefer 15", i think 16 are too much for a 33. Try ebay ;-)

#4 ·
I think they would look fine.
What do these Jonny Foreigner's know about Eurostyle ! :lol:
I think they would look o.k, i have a set for an BMW E30 M3 on the shelf, which will not fit your 33 due to having too low an offset and a 9" deep dish on the rear's, but i see you are in surrey and you would be more than welcome to come over to our premise's in Slough and give you an idea what they would look like on the car.

#5 ·
#6 ·
I'm no Johnny Foreigner - I come from the colonies, I say, what. God save the Queen. ;p
Those wheels look good on the 33, because they have vaguely squarish / period styling like a Ferrari F40 wheel.
And the similar Zender 5-spoke star wheels don't grow on trees.
Don't get the flush centre caps, get the ones with a single giant pretend wheel nut in the centre.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm looking for center caps for my Borbets, but they are about two thousand years old, so chances are slim :rolleyes:

About those wheels, Borbet is a good make, strong too. But you can never tell if the wheels will suit the car unless you've seen them, or something simular, on that car :rolleyes:

I think they will look fine but I would rather something with straighter lines :thumbs:

#15 ·
Sorry still dont like them, dont like the Ronal's much either although I know they are highly rated by many. I guess they both have a period look :p

Anyway its good we are not all the same :lol:

#20 ·
That really looks good - suits your 33. Are you running 16" wheeels? I'd love to see it in the flesh/metal. How's your ride quality (if you're running 16s), speedo reading and acceleration? If I remember correctly, your car is pretty quick anyhow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.