Alfa Romeo Forum banner

drivers side noise and "tramlining"

822 views 6 replies 0 participants last post by  Rewe 
G
#1 ·
Hi all....

I have a small "thud" noise coming from the front drivers side when i go over big bumps.not been there long but i have noticed i also have the "tramlining" effect sometimes on uneaven roads,its like one side has a huge rut in it and it veers me off!! not in a dangerous way but still a bit "bum clentching!!" Are these connected? is it a real must i get them done now as i am coming back to the uk in 3weeks and i dont really wanto get it done here as parts are very very expensive! Must add that i have no uneaven tyre wear and on normal good roads all is fine!

Thanks!

G
#4 ·
cheers guys,ill go and try in a bit,if it is that should it be done asap?? or can i get away with it for a bit?its fine on motorways and good roads and thats all ill be using to get back!

G
#7 ·
I was thinking of the lower ball joint in the suspension arm, not the arb. You will need to jack the front up and with a tyre lever or similar wedged between the bottom of the tyre and the ground, try to move it in and out. Put your hand over the ball joint, you may be able to feel it better than see it. Also lever against the bushes between the subframe and arms and check for movement. Easier to show than explain unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.