Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Just Cant sell my 146?

Tags
146 sell
970 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  zulu ferret 
#1 ·
Hi,

Im struggling to sell my 146 not sure if you have seen it advertised on here but it's on pistonheads also. Just getting timewasters and i need to sell it as yet again my personal circumstances have changed, was going to upgrade but .... now i need somthing along the lines of a 1.0 micra! :(

Alfa Romeo : Alfa Romeo 146 1.6 T-SPARK (2000)

Hope it's of intrest.
All sensible offers considered.

Regards
Owen

#3 ·
I would say the asking price you have in pistonheads is about right for the damage, mileage and year.

The 2000 plate 146 seem to fetch around the 900 mark but most seem to be due a 2nd timing belt service

If you managed to repair the damage you would get more interest.

The airbag light may put off some first time Alfa buyers not knowing all it may need is a reset.

Also the 1.8 and 2.0 seem to be more of a popular choice.

Good luck :thumbs:

#4 ·
Sorry, but I think it's overpriced - your price is about right for a car in good condition. Body damage, airbag light on, holed exhaust, tatty paint & interior. . . and it's due for a cambelt. . . doesn't sound like a good buy!

#5 ·
Yes...on closer inspection it is a little overpriced sorry, reading back i see it was 70k the belt was change....not good i would expect to knock of 200 for that.

You mentioned its cambelt was due Dave....it's actually way past due.

but interior is easy to clean up and tbh the op should take care of that.

Exhaust and airbag is hardly an issue for some people.

Like i said he wont get much interest regarding the damage, if he can put the spare door on and get the wing fixed.

But dont forget the year, one of the items is a standard servicing issue and the rest are fixable. Owen.. excluding the cambelt if you got everything else fixed you may sell it for the 700 based on it needing a belt change.

If everything is fixed including the belts you could be looking at 900 odd

#6 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, i'm abit annoyed really because i bought the car in the condition it's in now. I wish i knew abit more about them at the time in regards to more frequent belt changes and how much the car was actually worth, to be honest i got ripped off without knowing it. Ive now price dropped it by £100 which i think is pretty fair. I might even chuck the tax in at that price 5 months left! Cant say fairer than that surely?!

Thanks
Owen

#7 ·
If its any consolation mate, I bought my 99 1.6 Junior for £600...but the person who sold me it forgot to mention the things that needed replacing..which seemed to be a lot.

It had done 46,000 miles.. and has cost around 500 for repairs and things. Still love it though. Shame you only seem to lose money when owning one though :(

#8 ·
No consolation I know, but those that buy new, or even newish, lose loads more mega bucks? Keep persevering, it should sell eventually. Micras are in demand at the moment, well the ones I have seen advertised locally, both in the newspapers, and on forecourts seem to move fairly sharpish. Good luck.:):

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.