Going to pick up my new (secondhand) 159 1.9 JTDM Lusso later today

Sold my 156 2.4 JTDM and can't wait to start drving the 159

A real step up in class is what struck me on the test drive

Buying from Guest Alfa in Solihull with full 12 mths Alfa used car warranty

Some pics below

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/teknikid/a159.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/teknikid/a159r.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/teknikid/a159i.jpg

Will be fitting a Steinbauer P Box at the weekend so shouldn't notice any difference in the power from the 156 2.4.

Just need to find me some nice Ti wheels and i'll be sorted :)

See less See more
#4 ·
So guys, need to change my GT 1.9 JTDM this year. Wanting to go for a Brera but the wifes banging on about it being too small for the family, son 21, daughter 18 both have cars!!!. :rolleyes: Could possibly consider a 159 as i really like the style, but didn't want a big car this time.
Any (sensible) suggestions??:confused:

#5 ·
Gutted for you ... sorry to hear of your loss :p ;)

#8 ·
Ok just got back from picking up the 159

86 miles mostly on Mway @ a steady 85mph Average fuel consumption was 39.4 not bad.

Only criticism so far is the centre armrest is too far back so you can only really use it if you drive one handed.

Apart from that a verry Happy Bunny :)

#19 ·
:eek: I didn't know that either and I om my second one.

Interesting that you can only manage two positions in the car Romeo

#34 ·
Ill raise your not knowing about the 2 position arm rest. Finally remembered to give it a bash today and amazed when it slid forward. (Im 6'5" though so didnt really need it forward but what the heck) While playing with it (the armrest that is) i suddenly notice another latch underneath the storage bit that got me into a chilled compartment for tins etc - WOW an AR with practical bits - I feel like marching back to the dealers and demanding my money back :)
Had this car 8 months and no idea that existed, probably would have never known without this post. - DOH!

#20 ·
Nice car Tedski, I seen it on the Alfa Romeo UK sales section and I nearly went to have a look with my missus but it would have been too far to travel

Really like the colour I have never seen one around that colour before:thumbs:

#23 ·
Looks fantastic! I love the colour too :thumbs:

Bet you're made up, and haven't stopped grinning!

#27 ·
Tedski - Very nice looking car. I like the colour very much. I think the 159 looks much better in dark colours.

Add a shiny tailpipe. It's a relatively small thing but makes a big difference in my view.:cool:

What made you go for P Box as opposed to a remap? I have just done the latter and my first impressions are very positive indeed. Too early report in detail but I now have much smoother power delivery coupled with more oomph.:)

Hope your car continues well. Regards.

Joe

#29 ·
Add a shiny tailpipe. It's a relatively small thing but makes a big difference in my view.:cool:

What made you go for P Box as opposed to a remap? I have just done the latter and my first impressions are very positive indeed. Too early report in detail but I now have much smoother power delivery coupled with more oomph.:)

Joe
Tailpipe will be done but can't force myself to pay the stupid £70 for a Genuine Alfa one :wow:

Had a P Box before and was very Impressed with it.

Also got a great deal from Rossiters :)

#35 · (Edited)
While playing with it (the armrest that is) i suddenly notice another latch underneath the storage bit that got me into a chilled compartment for tins etc - WOW an AR with practical bits - I feel like marching back to the dealers and demanding my money back
That trumps the arm-rest positioning! This is mean't to offend but I would have thought it was blatantly obvious that there was more to that centre-piece than the top compartment! :D

#36 ·
Thats me, right simple but happy :)
Too busy driving them and having fun to explore the sensible bits, plus AR dont normally do sensible use of space so didnt occurr to me to have a look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.