Alfa Romeo Forum banner

New Member From A Family Of Alfa Enthusiasts

493 views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  mikebrown 
#1 ·
Hi,

My name is James, i live near Brighton in Adelaide. I am 15 and i will be getting my Ls in February, i have always loved cars and for the past year i have been competing at the Southern Districts Car Club in a $1300 corona. My fathers first car was a Fiat BC 124 Sport and my mothers first car was a Fiat Bambino. They then went through several suds and 33s as well as a white '85 GTV6 and two 75s, a 2.5 V6 manual and a TS manual as well as two Lancia BETA Coupes.
Currently my father owns a 1998 Alfa Romeo GTV V6 3.0 24v in Verde Sargassi Metallic with straight through centre exhaust modification.
I own a 1990 Alfa Romeo 75 TS in ALFA ROSSO RED. I have had it for 2 weeks so far. It has a BMC Airfilter, sports suspension that has lowered the car by 3cm and a sports rear muffler.
Although i won't be able to drive it LEGALLY i can still drive the 5spd manual:cheese: :cheese: . During the time were i cannot drive it plan to restore it visually and improve it mechanically.
I will post photos of the GTV V6 and 75 TS soon!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Alfa romeo 75

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alfa romeo 75 Classic car

Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Mid-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alfa romeo Classic car

I have been too busy improving my 75. I have bought a second hand replacement drivers seat because the bolsters have collapsed in the original seat.

The car has some modifications from the previous owner...
> BMC Conical Airfilter
> MEGA FLOW 2" rear exhaust box
> Sports springs (i suspect that a coil has been cut off the springs)
> Woodgrain wheel
> $130 MOMO gearknob!
> The car has never been washed with water, the owner only ever used a waterless carwash in an aerosol can. Paint is 80% good
>For free i got a new battery, carcover, seatcover, original wheel and gearknob.

I plan to...
> Paint the bumpers all red
> Re-paint the exterior plastic trim in a satin grey like original.
> New 16" wheels (if possible 215 tyres)
> straight rear exhaust, CSC centre piece
> KONI Yellows
> Poly bushes
> New stereo face with AUX input (mp3)
> Replacement red boot reflector

Sorry for the lengthy post!!:eek:

James

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.