Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Spider Sportiva

2K views 42 replies 9 participants last post by  GTV6 
#1 ·
Whadya guys think of this?

See less See more
#2 ·
OH MY GOD! eek! THAT CAR LOOKS DAMN SEXY! eek! DAMN I REALLY LIKE IT! eek!

#4 ·
Yeah Pete I agreeabout the mirrors... and the front grill looks like the Autodelta one (with all due repsect I much prefer the standard OEM item).

The side-skirts look like the alfa/zender items (as per GTV Cup); or are they different?

I just emailed them to check out prices, will let you know...
:cool:

#5 ·
That is one of the best looking modded Alfas I have seen!! All the bits (except the wing mirrors!!) complement the original design without trying to buggar it up.

PS The wing mirrors will be fine when they are painted black
wink

#8 ·
I can't see anything...

Still, regarding the mirrors, get them painted in the body-colour. A friend just had his done (Alfa Red Spider) and it looks the business. I have no idea why they are matt plastic on the spider and body coloured on the GTV, any ideas anyone? To blend in with roof maybe?

:confused:

#9 ·
Oh, I can see it now. Don't like the front grille, don't like the front or rear bumpers, don't like the exhaust. Definitely not an Autodelta effort, too Ford-Edge-like for me. As Mel said, this is a street Ka isn't it? Minus the Kylie unfortunately...

#11 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Banflu:
<strong>the front bumper doesnt look good IMO, but the skirts, the side "net" in the fenders and the twin-exhaust look GREAT :D
why does the grille look different? :confused: </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The grille looks different because they have removed the chrome surround and swapped the mesh insert.

#13 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Luke:
<strong>As Mel said, this is a street Ka isn't it? Minus the Kylie unfortunately...</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">:rolleyes:

#14 ·
The guys at ROSSO MODENA replied immediately, however they can't supply the kit, since it is only available as an entire service ie you order a SPORTIVA from them. For those of you who understand Italian, this is what they said:

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Egr. Dr. Farrugia ,

in anticipo La ringraziamo per l'interessamento avuto nel prodotto GTV e SPIDER SPORTIVA , purtroppo però La informiamo che la versione da Lei richiesta è stata da noi realizzati per mercati extra CEE e fornita unitamente alle autovetture , infatti per eseguire le modifiche inserite nella ns. HP abbiamo necesiità dei paraurti ant. e post. originali , senza i quali i costi risulterebbero molto elevati .
Siamo pertanto ns. malgrado a rinunciare alla Vs. richiesta perchè al momento ns. siamo in grado di fornirLe i particolari da Lei richiesti a condizioni economiche adeguate .

Cordiali saluti ,

P. VOLPI
<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Re why the mirrors are not painted, you have to look at the spider with the roof down; the windscreen frame is matte black, and the mirrors are a kinda extension to this; as opposed to the GTV where the whole thing is colour coded. With regards to this, I prefer them unpainted since any scuffs of scratches are easily removed with rubbing compound, which brings back the factory-look mattness.

Carm this is what their GTV looks like:

#15 ·
OH MY GOD GUYS! eek! THESE ARE TRUE GEMS! eek! THIS IS INDEED, AS RICKS STATED EARLIER, HOW BODY KIT DESIGN SHOULD BE! I LIKE IT! :D

#18 ·
The Zender kit looks more subtle, but this kit looks good, too. I like the grey one better! :cool:

#19 ·
If only they'd make it available, I think I'd go for the Sportiva front bumper (its sooo slick!) with standard phase II grill, zender sideskirts + wing vents, and autodelta twin exit rear end - or possibly postert central exit tipo Carmelo!!??

eek! eek!

Guys you have to see Carmelo's postert rear end in combination with the Cup-kit in the flesh - it looks the bol1ocks!!!

#22 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Big Dave:
<strong>However the wheels are a big improvement over the dated teledials :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I tend to differ substantially...

naughty

#24 ·
hehe yeah right!!

The guys at Rosso Modena said the whole process would take 2 weeks to complete from when the car is in their workshops. Th grill is just a sprayed Phase I item, and the skirts & side vents are indeed the AR/Zender items. The cost to convert front and rear bumpers plus twin exit back box is 3.080,00 Euros including spray and installation.

#26 ·
I think the teledials still look great. But lately I like those spoke-wheels a lot on a GTV.
I fell in love with a GTV with Stilauto's:

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alfista Malti:
<strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Big Dave:
<strong>However the wheels are a big improvement over the dated teledials :D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I tend to differ substantially...

naughty </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.