Alfa Romeo Forum banner

swaping cloth for leather fitting elec windows help!!

742 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Hamster 
#1 ·
:confused: iv just bought a leather interior for my 156 and plan to fit it tomorrow as i got the day off. im ok with the mechanical stuff but im not so sure when it comes to the electrics on alfas. also planning to convert rear windows from manual to electric. is this easy to do? i have the door wiring harnesses but is the rest of the electrics already in the car?
i haven't removed the cloth yet and just wondered if there is anything i should keep in mind?im sure there must be plenty of alfisti out there who have done this. do i need to disconnect battery? what about seat side airbags? new seats don't have side airbags but cloth ones do is this a problem?
any helpful advise will be gratefully received
thanks p:thumbs:

G
#2 ·
Hey mate, myself and Hammy156 did this a few months back on my 156 V6, swapped velour for leather. Being a nice guy he made a how to thread on it which can be found here:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just...56-seats-and-door-card-removal-refitting.html

The side air bags is an issue. My leather replacement set DID have them but my cloth interior didn't, so it made it much easier than what you'll have to do. I think you need to buy something to plug and cap the end of the looms you'll have sticking out the carpet underneath the seats.

And you WILL have to disconnect the battery for a good hour before removing the front seats to stop the side airbags going off. Don't forget that, :lol:

Not sure about converting the rear windows to electric, not sure how easy it will be, or how hard.

But check out that thread, Hammy did a good job on it and it's pretty informative, :thumbs:

Good luck and keep us posted! :D

#3 ·
Yeah, not too difficult, rear seats can be a pain, but patience and perseverance will pay dividends.

I'm not sure of the new seats not having airbags issue, may be worth starting a seperate thread on that or search the forum or use the search tab at the top of the page.

Any probs, give me a shout on here.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.