Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Hesitation problem? Read this!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GTV Rob 
#1 ·
I Have had my 2.0 TS GTV for about 4 months now and ever since I've had it Ive been slightly disappointed with the performance.

I felt there was a hesitation in the rev range and there was sometimes a problem with idel.

I thought it could be the MAF, but after reading some threads and disconnecting mine I wasnt convinced. I was then thinking it could be the spark plug etc.. but i havent had a chance to look further into it and at £60 a set, i think i was putting it off.

Then today I had to change my clutch slave cylinder and after taking off the air intake pipe (rubber pipe after MAF and plastic box) I found a tare across the bottom of the pipe. I then put tape all the way round. I didnt think this would make much difference, but it has completely transformed the car.. NO hesitation, no idel problem and the car is so much quicker!

I have fallen in love with it all over again, so if any of you have any type of hesitation problem, give your air pipes a check before you spend loads of money on MAF or spark plugs etc.

Happy motoring and have a great Christmas

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.