Alfa Romeo Forum banner

147 Ducati Corse

Tags
corse ducati
759 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  braddersR 
#1 ·
I'm the proud owner of a 147 Ducati Corse, 1.9JTD. The car is great, but I have 3 issues:
1. What is the normal water temperature? It eventually gets to half way and sticks there (about 90 deg C).
2. How long should it take to warm up the engine. In this cold weather I'm doing about 10 miles before the water temp is anywhere near normal. I've never had a car take this long for the water temp to rise. Is there a problem or do I have to live with it? It's my first oil-burner.
3. More seriously, I was driving home from work today and it appears the turbo is not working. There is no kick at 2000 rpm in low gears anymore - it just gradually accelerates. The car has done just 3000 miles from new.
:confused:

#2 ·
Welcome, nice looking motor!
I'm sure my petrol 1.6 sticks at 90c and this is normal.
As for the other issues I'm sure someone more knowlegable will be along soon, you could also do a search on the top toolbar.
A visit to the Dealers sounds in order, have you spoken to them yet?

#4 ·
Hi
There's a couple of quick replies! Thanks! As the power loss only happened tonight, I'll phone the garage if it's the same in the morning. And I'll stick the questions on the suggested techie forum.
The car is great - apart from it's black so shows every bit of dirt in this bad weather. The car is only available in black, white or red; black is super when it's clean, so I have to wash it regularly.
Cheers

#6 ·
welcome to AO:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.