Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Update!: Alfa 147 1.6 120bhp: 0 - 100 Km/h in 9.2sec (video)

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  THROTTLEMAN 
#1 ·
Hi all,

On Saturday I recorded a 0-to-100km/h go of my bella, not pushing that hard (up to 6.500rpm), in a slight downhill, trying at the same time to hold in place the camera on the steering wheel.
Since you are all so nice, I thought I could share this with you :D

Download the 3.6MBs zip file of the quicktime video (28sec, 640x480, Sorenson Video 2 codec).
(you can use SAVE TARGET AS on the link)

#6 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://us.share.geocities.com/alfa147gr2003/panosk0-100.zip

Need extra data transfer? Sign up for GeoCities Pro or Webmaster. Learn more.

<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Guess we will have to wait a little bit longer :)

#7 ·
.... I just noticed..... The traffic limit is over.
#%@#@@#@@# geocities.....

Does anypne know where I can find a free web server with unlimited traffic so that I can upload he file (again) ? :confused: :confused:

#9 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by T07:
<strong>9.2 sec? Christ - your 1.6 is quicker than my 2.0 !!</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">... I said there was a slight downhill but have you timed your 0-100? Don't just trust the manual, try it yourself! I am sure the 2.0lt is faster :)

#12 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by N1:
<strong>
I ju :D st wonder how you hold the camera, shift and steer at the same time :) </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I used a Canon A300 Powershot, placed on the steering wheel, while I was holding the steering wheel with my left hand, keeping the camera steady with my thumb and pointer finger, shifting with the right hand....

Now that I think about it, I should have filmed myself instead! :D (after all I went through all this trouble).

Anyway, I 'll figure out a way to position the camera in such a way that all the dials (including revs) are visible.

#13 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by N1:
<strong>Download speed was great now, got it in a few secs :) Nice filming.
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No it's taking some time... (only 15KBs rate) but I hope to get it soon :)

#14 ·
oh Nice! :) I must try that with mine too :)

#15 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by panos.k:
<strong>Anyway, I 'll figure out a way to position the camera in such a way that all the dials (including revs) are visible.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Superclamp onto passenger headrest.
wink

#16 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<strong>Superclamp onto passenger headrest.
wink </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
... something like that could do the job laughing

#17 ·
Next time we'll be doing "Getaway in Big European Cities" laughing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.