Alfa Romeo Forum banner

shaking on pulling off

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  mo 156 
#1 ·
i dont know why she shakes on pulling off specially when the climate control is loaded.......i cant really find a certain disengage point consequently i have to rev her hard to avoid stalling

may b i'm not a good a driver ;)
Cheeerrssssss

#3 ·
If the clutch plate springs have weakened then it's possibly the clutch, but that's not normally the case, I'd start looking at the rear engine mount and then at the lower wishbone bushes, if all is fine there then move onto driveshafts and CV joints, the problem is that there are so many likely things that can do this that without driving the car yourself it's hard to nail it on a forum, it could even be a fuel pump problem as you mention it happens most when the CC is engaged, this is the time when the engine is most loaded and if the fuel pressure is dipping then it will stutter.

#5 ·
If you have no problem in selecting the gears then there is no need to bleed the clutch, mainly because that will have no effect on your problem and secondly because it's a waste of time that may actually introduce air into the system that was fine in the first place.

#6 ·
Hi guys, I came across this post when searching for the same problem. I have a 147 and it shakes when pulling off, like original poster i have to rev harder to not stall. Have anyone faced the same problem? Any ideas what it could be. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

#10 ·
oh man, you are new to this :)
where in greater london are you?
which garage is she at?
search the forum for good alfa garages in your area. One of my local normal places is a bit pants with alfas so I only MOT with them these days not any work.

please update this thread with what they say etc so we can all learn together!

shakes when pulling off - i love toilet humour

#12 ·
Hi, guys

Yes I am new to this, Ive only had the car for about 3 months and already had many problems. Well my local garage said he couldnt find anything that could have cuased the shaking. I drove the car today and it seemed to pull off without any problems. As for a cold start it would shake regardless and not everytime. I will see how it goes for the next few days. Does anyone know of any alfa garages in noth london that wont charge an arm an a leg.

#14 ·
ah well I'm west london so cant help there.
and have no idea with your problem either...
autolusso and veloces are both a bit more expensive than your local under the arches guy but they will fix it and sound reliable going of what you will see on this forum.

they are your best bet on this I'm afraid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.